- Create inquiry or maintenance programs
- Modify existing QuestView programs
- Define screen title and footing lines
- Define external call definitions
- Specify user or programmer audience
- Define field column headings
- Select or re-sequence fields
- Alter field lengths for display purposes
- Call other programs by activating any function key or entering a special character in any field
- Pass and receive parameters from and to other programs
- QuestView programs can be integrated with RPG, Cobol or CL programs
- Allowing for screen titles
- Displaying function keys
- Displaying a menu bar
- Fitting more fields on a screen
- Rearrange order of fields on a screen
- Enable or disable lowercase/uppercase entry
- Select the type of scan comparison
- Even create View Programs on a file's journal entries!
Programming in QuestView is light years faster than anything you can do in DFU, so you can save untold person-hours of code writing.
- Simply define the screen elements, data fields, function keys, and other QuestView elements you'd like to see in your program, and press [F6] to create the program. Seconds later, AS/400 users can call that program and utilize all the functionality you've created in the QuestView program.
- These programs let programmers quickly delegate many data maintenance scenarios which previously required specific authorities and AS/400 programming knowledge. Now you have time for more QuestView programs and other things that require your attention.
- Fix Decimal Data Errors in zoned and packed fields in seconds by viewing numerical data side-by-side with the underlying hexadecimal code, or simply by scanning for the error.
- View the relationships of logical files and physical files right from within QuestView... as well as key fields and select/omit specifications for each of the related join-logicals and multiple-format logicals. No more switching back and forth, looking up relationship information.